This Watermelon Gin Fizz Cocktail is a refreshing and summery tackle the basic gin fizz cocktail. Made with a sweet-tart watermelon juice and a floral gin, this silky easy cocktail is a should make for the summer season!
Why We Love This Recipe for Watermelon Gin Fizz
This Watermelon Gin Fizz is the proper mild and refreshing cocktail for summer season. A fantastic choice once you’re sick of all of the margaritas, canned seltzers and summer season shandys served all summer season lengthy. It’s additionally a good way to make use of up any leftover watermelon for those who do that scrumptious Watermelon Tomato Salad.
If you happen to take pleasure in this Watermelon Gin Fizz and prefer to experiment with cocktails at house, try this Sloe Gin Fizz recipe. After many checks and far analysis, I feel it’s the perfect sloe gin fizz recipe round.
Substances for This Watermelon Cocktail
For this cocktail, I like to recommend utilizing a London Dry Gin that’s pretty floral. I like Bloom Gin which has extra citrus and floral notes and fewer juniper and total “warmth.”
I desire to make use of Black Diamond watermelon for this recipe. This sort of watermelon has a vibrant pink flesh and a darkish inexperienced rind. It’s tremendous candy and labeled as “seedless,” which simply means it has much less seeds than conventional watermelons.
If it isn’t recent, we don’t need it! Contemporary lemon juice is mixed with the watermelon to create a sweet-tart juice. With out the gin, it is a scrumptious watermelon lemonade.
Most basic gin fizz recipes are made with a bit of straightforward syrup. This recipe skips the easy syrup and as an alternative sweetens the watermelon juice with honey. This fast swap makes shaking up the cocktail a breeze.
Egg white is conventional in gin fizz and for good motive. When shaken (with out ice) the egg white will get aerated and creates a silky cocktail with a deliciously foamy head. Using recent eggs is conventional in cocktail making, however I desire to make use of egg whites from a carton for a few causes. First, it’s simply simpler and fewer fussy. And two, it’s really safer as a result of the egg whites are pasteurized.
Most gin fizz cocktails get a splash of membership soda proper earlier than serving. It merely provides a bit of effervescence. If you happen to don’t have any readily available, no worries. Don’t let that preserve you from making this. The cocktail is simply as scrumptious with it as it’s with out it.
Step 1: Make the watermelon juice
Add the watermelon, lemon juice and honey to a blender. Mix till easy.
Step 2: Pressure the watermelon juice
Pressure the juice via a wonderful mesh sieve then discard any pulp.
Step 3: Dry shake the components
Add the watermelon juice, gin, and egg white to a cocktail shaker. Safe lid and shake vigorously till pale-pink, about 15 seconds.
Step 4: Shake with ice to relax
Fill the shaker with ice, safe lid, and shake once more till well-chilled, about 15 seconds.
Step 5: Garnish and luxuriate in
Pressure the cocktail over just a few ice cubes right into a rocks or collins glass. High the cocktail off with a splash of chilled membership soda. Garnish with a watermelon wedge and serve instantly.
- For ease of preparation and cleanup, I like to make use of a person blender cup as an alternative of my full-size blender. If you happen to go this route, you could have to mix half of the watermelon earlier than including the opposite half, simply to create space.
- The watermelon juice could be made as much as 3 days forward of time. Retailer it in an hermetic container within the fridge.
- If you happen to don’t wish to use an egg white, no downside! Merely skip it and simply shake the cocktail with ice from the beginning.
Extra Recipes to Attempt
Thanks a lot for studying! If you happen to make a batch of those do-it-yourself Watermelon cocktails, please come again and let me know by leaving a star score and evaluation! Cheers!
This Watermelon Gin Fizz is a refreshing and summery tackle the basic gin fizz cocktail. Made with a sweet-tart watermelon juice and a floral gin, this silky easy cocktail is a should make this summer season!
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- ¼ cup recent lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
For 1 drink:
- 3 ounces watermelon juice
- 2 ounces London Dry gin
- ¾ ounce egg white (1 egg white)
- Membership soda, to prime (about ½ ounce)
- Add watermelon, lemon juice and honey to a blender and mix till easy. Cross via a fine-mesh sieve. Discard pulp.
Watermelon Gin Fizz
- Add 3 ounces watermelon juice, 2 ounces gin, and egg white to a shaker and dry-shake (with out ice) for about 15 seconds.
- Add ice and shake till well-chilled.
- Double-strain right into a highball glass or rocks glass over 2 ice cubes.
- High with the membership soda.
- Garnish with a watermelon wedge.
Watermelon juice could be made as much as 3 days forward of time.