In search of a dish to move at a cookout or picnic? This tortellini salad could be good! It is full of contemporary basil, juicy tomatoes, and a zingy dressing.
What’s extra enjoyable than common pasta salad? Tortellini pasta salad! The tortellini are chewy and tacky, to not point out cute, they usually make this summer time salad such a blast to eat. Their nooks and crannies catch the zingy Italian dressing, and their pillowy texture contrasts superbly with the juicy cherry tomatoes and creamy white beans. In the event you’re in search of a contemporary dish to move at a cookout this weekend (or a yummy concept for lunch subsequent week), this tortellini salad recipe could be good.
Oh, and in case you’re vegan or dairy-free, you may nonetheless make this recipe! We’ve tried making it with common cheese tortellini (pictured right here) and with Kite Hill vegan tortellini. Each methods are scrumptious! Simply be sure you use contemporary pasta – not dried. Search for it within the refrigerated part of your grocery retailer.
Tortellini Salad Recipe Components
Tortellini apart, right here’s what you’ll have to make this recipe:
- Cherry tomatoes – I really like how their juicy texture contrasts with the chewy pasta.
- White beans – They add creamy texture and plant-based protein. I like to recommend utilizing small white beans, akin to navy beans, right here. I like how they tuck themselves into the crevices of the tortellini.
- Thinly sliced purple onion – For sharp, savory taste and crunch.
- Artichoke hearts and pepperoncini – They pack the salad with tangy, briny taste.
- Arugula – For beautiful inexperienced colour and peppery taste.
- Contemporary basil – A pasta salad important! It provides contemporary, candy, and citrusy taste.
- Grated cheese – Completely optionally available, however (after all) scrumptious. If you wish to make this tortellini salad recipe extra-cheesy, fold in some grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese simply earlier than serving.
- Crimson pepper flakes – For warmth.
- And home made Italian dressing – This zingy, herbaceous dressing ties the salad collectively. It’s straightforward to make with fundamental components like olive oil, dried herbs, and contemporary lemon juice.
Discover the entire recipe with measurements under.
How one can Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
This tortellini salad recipe is tremendous easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, cook dinner the tortellini. Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and put together the pasta in response to the package deal directions, cooking till al dente. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil to forestall sticking. Enable the tortellini to chill earlier than assembling the salad. I prefer to unfold it out on a big plate or baking sheet to assist it cool rapidly.
In the meantime, make the dressing. Discover the recipe right here!
When the tortellini is cool, assemble the salad. Place the pasta, artichokes, pepperoncini, tomatoes, onion, and beans in a big bowl.
Pour within the dressing, and toss to mix. Add the arugula and basil, and toss once more. In the event you like, sprinkle in some Parmesan and purple pepper flakes. Toss yet another time, garnish with extra basil, after which season to style.
Tortellini Salad Serving Recommendations
Serve the tortellini salad instantly, or retailer it within the fridge for as much as 4 days. In the event you make the salad forward, wait to garnish it with contemporary basil till proper earlier than serving. I additionally prefer to toss it with an additional drizzle of olive oil after a day or two within the fridge.
Take pleasure in this salad for lunch, or serve it as a facet dish at a summer time picnic or cookout. It pairs completely with traditional cookout fare like veggie burgers, grilled greens, and fruit salad. For extra BBQ recipe concepts, try this submit!
Extra Favourite Pasta Salad Recipes
In the event you love this tortellini salad recipe, attempt one in all these summer time pasta salads subsequent:
This tortellini salad recipe is an ideal picnic facet dish or make-ahead lunch! It is full of juicy cherry tomatoes, contemporary basil, briny artichoke hearts, and a zingy home made dressing.
- 18 ounces cheese tortellini or vegan tortellini*
- Italian Dressing
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup thinly sliced purple onion
- 5 pepperoncini, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups contemporary arugula
- 1 cup contemporary basil, torn, plus extra for garnish
- Parmesan or pecorino cheese, optionally available
- Crimson pepper flakes, optionally available
Prepare dinner the tortellini in response to the package deal instructions till al dente. Drain and let cool.
Put together the dressing in response to the directions in this recipe.
In a big bowl, mix the tortellini, tomatoes, artichokes, beans, onion, pepperoncini, and the dressing and toss to mix. Add the arugula and basil and toss once more. Season to style, and add Parmesan and purple pepper flakes, if desired. Garnish with extra contemporary basil. Serve instantly or retailer within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
*Search for contemporary tortellini within the refrigerated part of your grocery retailer.