In the present day we’re doing a throwback recipe from 2017. These peanut butter protein bars had been SO scrumptious after I first made them just a few years again that I like to re-share them with you to remind you to make them.
I’ll often do that with older recipes as a result of 1) I don’t need you to neglect about them and a couple of) something with peanut butter is all the time acceptable, proper?!
These bars are severely one in all my favourite more healthy treats to make as a result of they’re so freaking straightforward and do NOT require any baking. Additionally they make a wonderful publish exercise snack or late afternoon pick-me-up as they occur to pack 9g protein.
Personally, I really like holding them within the fridge after I need a more healthy dessert that’s just like my favourite sweet on the planet.
Peanut butter + chocolate = match made in heaven
Increase your hand if a Reese’s peanut butter cup is your favourite sweet; it’s been mine since I used to be a bit of lady. I bear in mind discovering my Dad’s stash of peanut butter cups within the fridge or freezer and begging him to have one after dinner. It’s humorous, I even bear in mind consuming the perimeters of the peanut butter cup after which savoring the peanut butter center for final.
Lately, I make my very own selfmade wholesome peanut butter cups, and nonetheless am obsessive about absolutely anything with a peanut butter and chocolate combo. That’s precisely the place these chocolate peanut butter protein bars are available in. They supply a wholesome dose of protein, but they style like dessert. WIN WIN WIN.
Substances in these peanut butter protein bars
These chocolate peanut butter protein bars are straightforward to make as a result of there’s no baking required. All you want is a pot or two, an 8×4 inch loaf pan, parchment paper and seven easy substances:
- Peanut butter: as a result of they’re peanut butter protein bars, after all! Keep in mind to make use of an all pure peanut butter that’s made with simply peanuts and salt. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off my favourite model, Wild Mates!
- Honey: I really like utilizing honey as a result of it’s the proper unrefined sweetener for holding the bars collectively and naturally sweetening them.
- Coconut oil: you’ll solely want a tablespoon of coconut oil so as to add moisture to the bars.
- Vanilla extract: I’m such a vanilla lover. It provides the proper taste! Learn to make your personal vanilla extract right here.
- Flaxseed meal: I completely LOVE how flaxseed meal provides fiber and protein to those bars.
- Protein powder: be happy to make use of a plant based mostly or whey protein powder. My private favorites are Very important Proteins collagen peptides (which is dairy free) or 4 Sigmatic plant based mostly protein powder.
- Darkish chocolate: you should use your favourite model of darkish chocolate bar. Be happy to make use of vegan/dairy free chocolate like this one!
- Elective: a bit of fancy sea salt for sprinkling on high.
Easy ingredient swaps
- Make them vegan: be happy to swap the honey for coconut palm syrup or date syrup.
- For the peanut butter: you should use any nut butter you’d like, simply make sure that it’s made solely with nuts and salt!
Wholesome peanut butter protein bars in 4 steps
Combine the moist substances. In a medium bowl combine collectively peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla collectively till easy.
Add the dry substances. Use a spoon to combine within the flaxseed meal and protein powder, then use your arms to combine till every little thing is properly mixed.
Press it and add chocolate. Press the combination into an 8×4 inch pan lined with parchment paper, then soften your chocolate in a small saucepan till it’s good and easy. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and tilt the pan in order that the chocolate covers the peanut butter layer totally.
Refrigerate, slice & devour. Place within the fridge for Half-hour to 1 hour earlier than slicing into 10 bars or squares (both works however I really like squares probably the most). Then get pleasure from!
- Within the fridge: retailer these chocolate peanut butter protein bars within the fridge tightly wrapped or in an hermetic bag or container for as much as 2 weeks. The proper straightforward snack to have available!
- Within the freezer: be happy to maintain them in a freezer-safe bag in your freezer for as much as 1 month. Should you do hold them in your freezer, you’ll want to depart them out on the counter for a couple of minutes earlier than serving in order that they soften up a bit.
Extra no bake snacks to attempt
Get all of my no bake snacks right here!
Should you make these peanut butter protein bars, you’ll want to depart a remark beneath and fee them! And don’t neglect to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram so we will see your creations!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
No bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars that style identical to a peanut butter cup. These low carb peanut butter protein bars might be your new favourite snack to maintain in your fridge and luxuriate in all week lengthy!
pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
honey (or coconut palm syrup, if vegan)
melted coconut oil
floor flaxseed meal
of your favourite vanilla or plain protein powder*
your favourite 85% darkish chocolate bar
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling on high
In a medium bowl combine collectively peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla collectively till easy. Add in floor flaxseed meal and protein powder of selection. Use a spoon to combine collectively till you possibly can’t anymore, then use clear arms to assist work collectively. The batter needs to be just like cookie dough.
Press into an 8×4 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
Make the chocolate layer by including 2.5 ounces of darkish chocolate to a small saucepan and melting till fully easy. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and tilt the pan in order that the chocolate covers the peanut butter layer totally.
Place within the fridge for Half-hour-1 hour earlier than slicing into 10 bars or squares (both works however I really like squares probably the most). Retailer coated within the fridge till able to eat. Bars will hold for as much as two weeks.
*Observe: if the batter feels too dry, add ½ – 1 tablespoon of melted virgin coconut oil
For the protein powder: you should use plant based mostly or a whey protein. My private favourite is Very important Proteins collagen peptides (which is dairy free) however I additionally love aloha vanilla plant based mostly protein powder for this recipe. These are the 2 I extremely advocate for taste and consistency on this recipe.
See the total publish for straightforward methods to customise these protein bars!
Servings: 10 bars
Serving measurement: 1 protein bar
Saturated fats: 3.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially printed on December 4th, 2017, republished on August nineteenth, 2019, and republished on August thirtieth, 2022.