Firm / Group
Neighborhood Biking Heart
Retail Supervisor place open at Neighborhood Biking Heart
For the protection of our workers and group, we require our workers and Volunteers to be absolutely vaccinated. KN95s or N95s are offered, and they’re required when working onsite. HVAC models and air purifiers in each room are geared up with MERV-13 filters. Doorways and home windows are saved open for air flow at any time when doable.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY CYCLING CENTER
We love Portland and bikes. So, we put our two loves collectively over 25 years in the past, making a nonprofit group on a mission to broaden entry to bicycling and its advantages. Our imaginative and prescient is to assist construct a vibrant group the place folks of all backgrounds use bicycles to remain wholesome and related. We consider that each one Portlanders—no matter earnings or background—ought to have the chance to expertise the enjoyment, freedom and well being advantages of bicycling. That is the motivation behind the whole lot we do.
Along with delivering dynamic packages that profit underserved communities, we function a full-service bike store in NE Portland that’s staffed by extremely skilled mechanics from various biking backgrounds. Our packages and store providers mixed assist riders construct their expertise and confidence; empower younger folks to journey to highschool and adults to journey to work; supply instructional alternatives for teenagers to earn faculty credit score; and help everybody in using for well being and recreation. We additionally collaborate with quite a few group companions to generate pathways to employment and engagement inside the rising bicycle motion by coaching new educators, leaders, advocates and mechanics. Our objective is to assist create a wholesome, sustainable Portland for all group members.
The Neighborhood Biking Heart is an equal alternative employer and strongly values range, fairness and inclusion. People with various backgrounds, talents and experiences are inspired to use.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Retail Supervisor is accountable planning, organizing, and supporting the retail operations of the Neighborhood Biking Heart’s Bike Store. With the help of the Store Management Staff, the Retail Supervisor will lead store workers within the supply of fantastic customer support and can information the Store’s promotions and advertising. This place would require a team-focused strategy, the capability to anticipate calls for, and the power to offer teaching and suggestions to make sure workers is supported within the supply of goals. Expertise in a high-volume bike store surroundings and the power to innovate and develop techniques shall be anticipated of this place.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS MANAGEMENT OF STAFF & SHOP OPERATIONS (30%)
• Supervise, and supply coaching to workers working in your division
• Collaborate with Store Management Staff to rent, prepare, and consider workers
• Keep and develop the store flooring and storefront to make sure a welcoming procuring surroundings
• Present program illustration on the store flooring by means of using shows and different written supplies
• Work with Store Management Staff to develop and guarantee adherence to insurance policies and procedures
RETAIL MANAGEMENT (70%)
• Lead by instance by delivering glorious customer support on the gross sales flooring 16-24 hr/wk
• Work with the Stock Coordinators to take care of acceptable stock ranges of recent and used merchandise
• Anticipate demand and seasonal adjustments to maintain up with adjustments to the market
• Analyze gross sales traits to find out sufficient stocking ranges and product choice
• Companion with the Communication & Advertising Coordinator to develop artistic promotions
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Managerial expertise, together with supervising and supporting workers
• Robust interpersonal communication expertise
• Robust organizational expertise together with the power to handle a number of assignments concurrently • Potential to fulfill challenge deadlines and account for detailed goals
• Success in creating inclusive work environments the place folks from various backgrounds really feel protected
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimal of two years of expertise in bike store administration
• Fluency in Spanish
• Fluency in spreadsheet software program and luxury navigating stock administration techniques
• Fundamental information of Adobe, InDesign, QuickBooks, and/or the Lightspeed POS system
REPORTS TO: Common Supervisor
PAY: $24.00 per hour
SCHEDULE: Everlasting place, 40 hours per week, workdays could fluctuate, contains some evenings and weekends
BENEFITS: Well being, dental, imaginative and prescient, life and extra w/ approx. worth of $4,800/yr; entry to 401k; 19 days/yr PTO for FT, annual Used Elements Allowance, price +10% on new components
The best way to Apply
Please ship your resume, cowl letter, and (3) references to Jobs@CommunityCyclingCenter.org with the topic “Retail Supervisor Place”. No cellphone calls, please