Baked Ziti is a household favourite meal that may be thrown collectively rapidly however tastes such as you spent hours making it. This Bake Ziti with Ricotta recipe is creamy, heat, completely scrumptious and is made multi functional pot and so cleanup is a breeze! In case you love lasagna, you’ve got to present this Bake Ziti recipe a attempt!
Baked Ziti Recipe with Ricotta
The flavors on this Baked Ziti are similar to lasagna – a tangy tomato primarily based sauce, Italian seasonings, recent herbs, and naturally recent, creamy ricotta cheese all baked along with pasta for a flavorful, satisfying dinner.
My model of Baked Ziti provides in recent veggies including fascinating flavors, texture and naturally a lift of diet! This recipe is actually an entire meal with each meals group (okay, okay, there isn’t fruit in it – however further veggies in fact) and is all made in only one pot so that you aren’t doing dishes all evening. When you’ve got ever made home made lasagna, you understand that there’s at all times a heaping mound of dishes!
You’ve got GOT to present this Baked Ziti recipe a attempt – and belief me – you can be making it time and again, and once more!
Elements for Baked Ziti Recipe with Ricotta
- Ziti Pasta – Ziti pasta is similar to penne, however it has a square-angle minimize and an oblong form whereas penne has an angled minimize that provides it extra of a pointed form. You should utilize both for this recipe;
- Onion + Garlic – yellow onions have a better quantity of pure sugar and when cooked with garlic give your finish dish a candy fragrant taste.
- Zucchini – search for small brilliant inexperienced zucchinis when shopping for. The small zucchinis have a extra tender texture.
- Spinach – recent child spinach is greatest for this recipe.
- Crushed tomatoes – crushed tomatoes are combination of extra finely diced tomatoes in a tomato puree. They’ve a clean texture and add thickness that’s perfect in baked ziti.
- Tomato sauce – tomato sauce is. a tomato product that’s not as thick as tomato puree however thicker than tomato juice.
- Seasoning – Italian seasoning, recent basil
- Ricotta cheese – ricotta is a recent, comfortable and gentle cheese. It’s excellent in baked ziti as a result of it offers a scrumptious creamy base and scrumptious gentle taste.
- Mozzarella cheese – mozarella has a excessive moisture content material and is usually much less salty than different cheeses. Shredded mozzarella pairs very well with shredded mozzarella has a gooey melted topping for baked ziti as a result of it offers it a pleasant texture with out being too salty.
- Parmesan cheese – parmesan cheese is a semi-hard cheese that has a salty, buttery and distinctive taste.
Make Baked Ziti with Ricotta
- Begin by boiling your noodles within the pot you plan to make use of for the completed recipe. Boil in accordance with package deal instructions till al dente (you need them on the less-cooked facet as a result of they’ll soften extra within the sauce). Drain, rinse, and depart in your colander till you’re prepared for them in ten minutes.
- Subsequent, saute onions in olive oil over medium-high warmth till softened and going translucent. Add garlic and veggies, mixing over the warmth till spinach wilts. It’ll completely fill your pot at first and appear to be waaaaay an excessive amount of, however it’s going to shrink like magic. Consider all that spinach you’re getting in! Rating.
- Pour in your sauce substances subsequent – diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, Greek yogurt and bitter cream. You should utilize all Greek yogurt if you need, however you’ll get a sourer taste that may be a little harsher than whenever you add in bitter cream. However the Greek yogurt is nice as a result of it provides some protein, so if you happen to’re recreation to make use of it, go for it!
- Lastly, add your pasta again in, in addition to 1 1/2 cups of cheese. I favor utilizing Italian mix as a result of it has an array of scrumptious cheeses, however I’ve used mozzarella with some Parmesan as nicely and it really works splendidly. Once more, most any shredded cheese you’ve available ought to work. Experiment and discover out what mixture your loved ones likes greatest!
- Combine the pot nicely and ensure the cheese is melted, then take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake the pasta at 375 levels F for 10 minutes till the cheese is melted and bubbly. (it is a nice method to hold it heat if you happen to aren’t serving it immediately)
Your loved ones is certain to like this deliciously creamy pasta – and also you’re positive to like how simple it’s to make and clear up!
Often Requested Questions About Baked Ziti
- Can I substitute cottage cheese for ricotta in baked ziti? You positively can substitute cottage cheese for. ricotta, however your finish outcome will likely be slightly totally different. Ricotta cheese is extra clean and creamy whereas cottage cheese has extra moisture and a extra lumpy texture. Additionally, cottage cheese is most salty.
- What can I exploit in addition to zucchini? You may positively use different kinds of squash as an alternative of zucchini. Yellow or crookneck squash is a straightforward substitute and cooks the identical as zucchini. You can even use winter squash like butternut, however as a result of it takes longer to prepare dinner you’ll in all probability need to precook it a bit.
- Can I add meat to this recipe and what could be greatest? I might suggest including italian sausage to this recipe. After you saute the onions and garlic, I might add the sausage and prepare dinner till browned. Then proceed to comply with the recipe.
- Is it potential to half this recipe? Completely! This recipe makes quite a bit! (excellent for feeding a crowd) If you’re simply making dinner for your loved ones and also you don’t have huge eaters, half it for positive. Though this baked ziti. makes scrumptious leftovers. Similar to lasagna, the flavors get higher over time.
Extra Favourite Straightforward Household Dinners
- Straightforward Weeknight Veggie Gnocchi – Gentle pillowy gnocchi cooked in a candy tangy tomato sauce loaded with veggies.
- Wholesome Turkey Stroganoff – Turkey Stroganoff takes a traditional household favourite recipe and makes use of healthful, actual meals substances that comes collectively in lower than half-hour.
- Straightforward Tostadas – Clean up your dinner rotation with quick and simple tostadas created from entire grain flour tortillas and tacky refried beans with a crunchy cabbage topping.
- 16 ounce ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchini
- 16 ounce spinach
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, floor
Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
In a big forged iron or oven secure pot, boil pasta in accordance with package deal directions till al dente. Drain and rinse and hold apart in colander.
Cube onion and mince garlic. Chop zucchini. In the identical forged iron pot, add olive oil and warmth to medium-high warmth. Saute diced onion for five minutes, till barely translucent.
Add garlic, zucchini, and spinach and stir till spinach has wilted, about 5-7 minutes. Salt and pepper greens to your liking.
Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, and ricotta cheese to the pot and convey to a simmer. Add noodles and half of the cheese (combine the mozzarella and parmesan cheese collectively) and blend nicely. Take away from warmth.
Prime with remaining cheese and place within the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes till the cheese on high is melted, and barely golden brown. Serve sizzling.
Energy: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 18g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 895mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4946IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 333mg | Iron: 4mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover a number of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and develop into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.