On June 18, 2022, powerlifter Mahailya Reeves (+84kg) accomplished a bench press of 165 kilograms (363.8 kilos) throughout the 2022 Powerlifting America (AMP) Basic (Uncooked) Sub-Junior, Junior, and Grasp Nationals in Orlando, FL. Reeves’ bench press determine is an unofficial Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Open World Document. It helped her finally attain the AMP Sub-Junior Nationwide Title within the 84-kilogram-plus division.
Reeves wore only a lifting belt on each her high squat and deadlift reps. She wore no further tools for her high bench press. Listed below are the athlete’s high stats on these lifts from the competition:
Mahailya Reeves (+84KG) | 2022 AMP Basic (Uncooked) Sub-Junior Nationals Prime Stats
- Squat — 225 kilograms (496 kilos)
- Bench Press — 165 kilograms (363.8 kilos) | Unofficial +84KG IPF Open World Document
- Deadlift — 220 kilograms (485 kilos)
- Complete — 610 kilograms (1,344.8 kilos)
Whereas the AMP has an affiliation with the IPF, it isn’t a world contest. That explains why Reeves — along with her 165-kilogram (363.8-pound) bench press — doesn’t possess the official 84-kilogram-plus World Document. That mark nonetheless belongs to France’s Amélie Mierger.
Amongst a litany of noteworthy performances from different athletes on the 2022 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships, Mierger broke the 84-kilogram-plus World Document with a bench press of 163 kilograms (359.3 kilos)
Notably, up to now, Reeves has achieved higher numbers on her squat, bench press, and whole, respectively. Listed below are the athlete’s high all-time competitors private data (PR):
Mahailya Reeves | All-Time Competitors PRs
- Squat — 245 kilograms (540.1 kilos) | 2019 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Uncooked Nationals
- Bench Press — 172.3 kilograms (380 kilos) | 2022 Florida Excessive Faculty Athletic Affiliation (FHSAA) Class 1A Area 2 Meet
- Deadlift — 220 kilograms (485 kilos) | 2022 AMP Basic (Uncooked) Sub-Junior Nationals
- Complete — 612.5 kilograms (1,350.3 kilos) | 2019 USAPL Uncooked Nationals
Reeves at a Look
The ultimate outcome on the 2022 Powerlifting America (AMP) Basic (Uncooked) Sub-Junior, Junior, and Grasp Nationals gave Reeves her first win in a Nationals competitors since 2019. All through her aggressive profession that started in January 2018, the American athlete has missed the rostrum simply as soon as.
Right here’s a rundown of a few of Reeves’ extra noteworthy competitors outcomes up to now:
Mahailya Reeves | Noteworthy Profession Outcomes
- 2019 FHSAA Florida State Finals (Uncooked) — First place
- 2019 USAPL Southeast Regionals (Uncooked) — First place
- *2019 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Uncooked; Teenager) — First place
- 2020 FHSAA Ladies Weightlifting State Championships (Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 USAPL third Annual Ocala Open Tremendous Complete X3 Championships (Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 FHSAA Class 1A Area 2 Meet (Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 FHSAA Ladies Weightlifting State Championships (Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 AMP Basic Sub-Junior Nationals (Uncooked) — First place
*Reeves additionally competed within the Open on the 2019 USAPL Uncooked Nationals, the place she attained third place.
On the time of this writing, Reeves has not confirmed her subsequent competitors. A lot of her current posts on her social media have understandably centered across the 2022 AMP Sub-Junior Nationals contest. With Reeves exceeding the bench press World Document twice now, she may subsequent plan to function on a world sanctioned lifting platform to make the determine official.
Given her total energy and bench press prowess, it’s seemingly solely a matter of time earlier than Reeves makes waves once more.
Featured picture: @powerlifting_america on Instagram